Sunday, March 15, 2009

Bienvenido A Miami

It's been more than a month since I last posted! With the craziness of school and extracurricular activities (aka PRSSA is my life), I've barely had time to cook anything more than a grilled cheese or Lean Cuisine.

Needless to say, spring break in Miami was an extremely welcomed and much needed vacation! Our crew of nine made meals consisting mostly of sandwiches, cereal, and pasta. One day, we did venture out to Puerta Sagua, a Cuban restaurant in South Beach. It was probably my first time having authentic Cuban food, and it was amazing! I'm such a sucker for plantains. I wasn't able to take any pictures, so here are some I found online.



Below is a picture of the dish I ordered: Roast Chicken served with fried plantains, white rice, and black beans. The chicken was so moist and juicy, and was seasoned amazingly. The white rice was just salty and slightly sticky enough, and the black beans were flavored with bay leaves and god knows what else. All in all, it was an awesome meal, and less than $10! It's easily enough for two meals, but I was, well...hungry!



My boyfriend got the Shredded Beef, also served with plantains, white rice, and black beans. The sauce was a little bit sweet but mostly savory and absolutely delicious. It basically looked like this:



If you're ever in Miami looking for a cheap and authentic meal, definitely head for Puerta Sagua. Delicioso!

No comments: