Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Superbowl Sunday Recap

One of my roommates and I kind of went nuts with the Superbowl goodies. We actually ended up not having too many leftovers! It was totally worth spending the money and battling the massive lines on Superbowl Sunday at Shaw's, our local grocery store.

Menu:

-Erica's Mom's Seven Layer Dip (with minor changes): Refried beans, avacado, sour cream, taco seasoning, tomatoes, cheese, cucumber, lettuce

-Tostito's Lime Chips (SO good by themselves! We suspect there may be crack involved.)

-Fried Ravioli (Bertolli's because I can't really get fresh Ravioli in Allston.)

-Caprese Salad (Always a simple and easy crowd-pleaser. I was disappointed, though, because Shaw's ran out of fresh basil leaves! What is that?!)

-Homemade Pizza (Dough was only $1.50 from T Anthony's- a local, and only decent, pizzeria.)

Look at me throw the pizza! Just like the real Italians do it! I also made my own sauce (canned tomato puree, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper- yum!) and grated my own fresh mozzerella. It was awesome.




-Veggies and Hummus

-Football Shaped Cookies (Complete with the most delicious chocolate frosting, ever! No pics available. :( )

No comments: