Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Meals

I love waking up on a Sunday morning and having the entire day to cook whatever my heart desires. Sometimes, you just have one of those perfect Sundays that aren't too lazy, and aren't too productive, and best of all- are absolutely delicious.

This morning, I made crepes and enjoyed mimosas with my boyfriend. I was surprised (and so was he) at how good the crepes came out because I had to use my roommate's Vanilla Soy Milk. They still tasted great, especially with a ton of Confectioner's Sugar, melted chocolate, and strawberry and cream cheese fillings. (The shells around the crepes are conch shells we found in Miami!) What a great way to start the day!




Throughout the entire week in Miami, my friend Leah and I were craving a good steak and potato dinner. So when we went to Shaw's today to make our Sunday dinner, it was like God wanted us to have steak! We got two large chuck steaks for $7! Talk about being economical.

To start, we had a salad with baby spninch, toasted walnuts, strawberries, Craisins, and a Raspberry Walnut spritzer dressing. It was a very refreshing and Spring-y salad.

We decided to brown the steaks, finish them off in the oven, and make a gravy with the juices. Leah made her amazing garlic mashed potatoes and her super fried onions (slightly crispy, but caramelized to perfection). It was exactly what we needed!






Since I can never not have dessert, we made a key lime pie... Very rich and delicious. That's for another post.

Enjoy your days off and make something you're craving!

1 comment:

Ben Talbert-Goldstein said...

OMG crepes!!! this brings me back to home at tap and bean's house. yum :) (this is amy btw)