Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lesson Learned: I Don't Really Know How to Bake


My KitchenAid mixer was staring me in the face today, and I had to do something about it. So, I decided to look through my community cookbook from my home town and found a chocolate chip pound cake recipe. Baking is still pretty tricky for me, and now I know why even Top Chefs are scared to bake anything. The recipe called for a loaf pan, and I didn't have one, so I improvised... Lesson learned.

I used a muffin pan and a cupcake pan. The cupcake pan is actually pretty sick- my boyfriend got it for me last year for Christmas, and the cupcake pans are shaped like ice cream cones. I don't think I greased the pan enough, so I think I made a mistake there as well.

Take a look at the pictures. The things are ugly as hell, but tasty! A lot of them look and taste like muffin tops. And we know what the best part of a muffin is...

3 comments:

Lauren Papp said...

When I come visit, can I use the mixer and bake you something?

Oh, and I miss you!

Ben Talbert-Goldstein said...

you can buy a just muffin top pan! http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000CFN2C
(this is amy btw. ben loves leaving the computer logged into his gmail all the time)

Ben Talbert-Goldstein said...

oops try this link