Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chicken Marsala A La Marinello: Last Meal on Death Row Worthy!

So you've probably noticed in my list of favorite things is Chicken Marsala A La Marinello, which is chicken marsala made by my boyfriend and served with white rice and peas. I don't think I can give you the recipe since it's a family secret, but it's "sooo easy," and contains a ton of butter. It's one of my absolute favorite meals, so my boyfriend made it while we were visiting his friend Christian on New Year's Eve. It was a perfect way to end 2008!

Alex is a secret cook. He learned great Italian things (boppity boop for all you Family Guy fans) from his mother, who is the queen of the Shrimp Marinara a la Marinello, and so he cooks some staple dishes every once in a while. I'm not a huge fan of Chicken Cacciatore, but there's something about his sauce that is phenomenal. I think he almost burns the tomatoes and gets this awesome flavor out of them. Anyway, it's thanks to him that I really became interested in cooking well, and he's encouraged and supported me no matter what- even with my weird "experiments." Despite the rule that you never buy women any sort of kitchen appliance as a gift, he bought me a Cuisinart mixer for Christmas (that's what I wanted!), and I cannot WAIT to get back up to Boston to bake scrumptious treats!

I even joke around that if I were on death row, his chicken marsala would be my last meal. Too morbid? Nope. Just delicious!

1 comment:

Lauren Papp said...

You got the mixer! Amazing. I'm so happy to hear it. I miss you already.