Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Love

My boyfriend took me out to dinner for my birthday a few weeks ago, and I have to admit... I think I've found something new.

PORK BELLY.

I've been hearing all about the amazing pork belly, and so when Alex took me to the new Aureole in NY, I had to do it. The price of the meal was definitely not ideal, but it was completely worth it. The service, all of the little extras, and, of course, the food, were all amazing.

When it came time to order, I was undecided. I asked the waitress what pork belly was like- I'm pretty adventurous, but still want to know I'll enjoy my food. She simply asked me if I liked bacon, and that was that.

The dish was a "Lobster vs. Pork Belly"

The lobster had an almond foam over it, and the pork belly just melted in my mouth. I usually don't like fatty meat, but this wasn't just fat. It was silk.

No comments: