Monday, December 15, 2008

Round Two: Sugar Cookies with the Aim to Perfect!

My roommate needed a great treat to bring to a Holiday Potluck, and so she decided to make giant sugar cookies with everyone's names on them. As far as I know, they were a hit, and they looked great- probably since I helped a lot (but don't tell her I said that...).


Our key learning is that to make the sugar cookies similar to the ones you buy in the bakeries, make them large, and don't be afraid to make them a little thicker. We got our recipe from JoyofBaking.com, and the cookies baked in no time! The frosting recipe (also from JoyofBaking.com) was also delicious, and it hardened perfectly.



My smarty-pants roommate decided to use a pint-size tupperware (the kind you get soup in from Chinese take-out) as her cookie cutter. They worked really well!




No comments: